Tofu Tikka Masala
A healthy plant based tofu entree
- 1 pack medium hard tofu 14 0z cut into 2" cubes
- 1 tbsp Pataks tikka masala paste dissolved in some hot water
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 bell pepper thinly sliced seeds removed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut cream thinned with 1 tsp water see notes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves chopped
Heat a flat bottom pan on medium high. Add oil followed by the onions and a pinch of salt. Sauté for 5-7 minutes on medium heat till the onions soften and turn pink.
Add the bell peppers and sauté for another 3-5 minutes till they soften and lose the raw taste.
Add the marinaded tofu and increase the heat to medium high and toss everything together. Lower the flame to medium low and add the water. Let it simmer for 10 minutes till semi dry.
Lastly add the coconut cream, mix well check for salt and simmer for 2 minutes.
Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve hot.
- If serving with rice/ quinoa add more water while simmering and taste for salt.
- The dish goes really well with rotis, tortillas or any flatbread of choice.
- You can always substitute paneer for tofu.
- If using paneer swap sour cream /yogurt for coconut cream.