Toppings and Toast
Easy, make ahead toppings that are divine on toast or on a salad.
- 1 lbs grape tomatoes
- 1/2 lbs crimini or button mushrooms
- 4 fresh garlic cloves smashes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro/basil/chives/thyme finely chopped
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup smoked salmon shredded optional
- 6 slices bread
Spreads & Add Ins
- cream cheese
- sea salt
- 6 carrots chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup/honey/agave
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachio
In a flat pan, heat 2 tsp olive oil on medium low and add 2 garlic cloves.
Add grape tomatoes salt and pepper and let it simmer till they pop and the juices come out -10 minutes.
In a separate pan ,heat 2 tsp olive oil add the mushrooms garlic and sweat them till they soften. Next add seasoning and saute till the mushrooms get a nice caramel color for 7 -10 minutes.
In a pan add the olive oil, diced carrots salt and a dash of water, Saute and then simmer covered for 5 minutes. Once done check for seasoning, place in a bowl sprinkle the chopped pistachio and drizzle the syrup to serve hot.
Toast the bread slices and then use the different spreads on each one.Suggested: pesto for tomato, cream cheese and capers for smoked salmon, mushrooms and smoked paprika or chilli powder.
- All these toppings can be modified based on how you like your toast. These are some of my favorite :)
- I really got lucky with the smoked salmon all the way from Seattle but easily available in stores across the country.