When it comes to weekday breakfasts and lunches, I like to keep it simple, easy but really delicious. More often than not we pull things from the fridge and pantry to fill us up, but once you try this really easy trio that takes all of 15 minutes together, weekday meals are going to be more enjoyable for you and the family.
I present to you Mushroom, Tomatoes and Smoked Salmon Toast.
A loaf of really good sourdough bread, grape tomatoes and fresh mushrooms and a few toppings that you can do with or without- substitute with toppings, cream cheese, pesto with anything that works with your taste and dietary preferences.
The main seasonings for all the ingredients are garlic, salt and pepper. As far as the fresh herbs go, I used a sprinkle of freshly chopped cilantro, but chives, thyme or basil would work to.
And last but not the least a side of carrots sautéed and topped with pistachios and a drizzle of honey/ maple syrup. We love this in the house and is a good way to get the veggies in for the kiddo.
Toppings and Toast
- 1 lbs grape tomatoes
- 1/2 lbs crimini or button mushrooms
- 4 fresh garlic cloves smashes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro/basil/chives/thyme finely chopped
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup smoked salmon shredded optional
- 6 slices bread
Spreads & Add Ins
- cream cheese
- sea salt
- 6 carrots chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup/honey/agave
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachio
- In a flat pan, heat 2 tsp olive oil on medium low and add 2 garlic cloves.
- Add grape tomatoes salt and pepper and let it simmer till they pop and the juices come out -10 minutes.
- In a separate pan ,heat 2 tsp olive oil add the mushrooms garlic and sweat them till they soften. Next add seasoning and saute till the mushrooms get a nice caramel color for 7 -10 minutes.
- In a pan add the olive oil, diced carrots salt and a dash of water, Saute and then simmer covered for 5 minutes. Once done check for seasoning, place in a bowl sprinkle the chopped pistachio and drizzle the syrup to serve hot.
- Toast the bread slices and then use the different spreads on each one.Suggested: pesto for tomato, cream cheese and capers for smoked salmon, mushrooms and smoked paprika or chilli powder.
- All these toppings can be modified based on how you like your toast. These are some of my favorite 🙂
- I really got lucky with the smoked salmon all the way from Seattle but easily available in stores across the country.
I am telling y’all these toppings are really easy to make whether you make them ahead and the day of, either way you will enjoy every bite.