Before I say anything, please note that this one is so easy it may become a staple in your diet. Healthy, Simple, Easy & Versatile – I present to you the Sheet Pan Chickpeas and Kale.
The recipe calls for canned chickpeas but I almost always have a big batch of chickpeas presoaked and boiled in the refrigerator to make hummus, chana or this.
My spice mix really is a melange of my favorites but feel free to change it up to your personal preferences. The one thing I can’t recommend enough is bringing some Za’atar into your pantry- absolutely life altering.
Sheet Pan Chickpeas and Kale
- sheet pan
- 15 oz chickpeas or 2 cups of boiled chickpeas
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 no fresh green chillies (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp zatar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder optional
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- Drain the chickpeas, give them a rinse and set them aside
- In a large bowl mix all the spice mix ingredients and toss in the chickpeas and green chillies. Let it sit while the oven preheats.
- Preheat oven to 375 F /200C and place a parchment sheet on a sheet pan.
- Transfer the mix to pan and cook for 10 -15 minutes checking at the halfway point for the chickpeas to crisp up.
- Massage the kale in the same mix bowl and add a bit of salt
- Transfer the kale to the pan once the chickpeas begin to crisp up and place in oven for 5 -7 minutes till the kale gets a beautiful crisp on it.
- Turn off the oven. Let it rest for 5 minutes and serve.
You can serve this as a salad , top it off with a cheese of your choice, add some chopped cucumber, tomatoes and olives -really anything that fills you up. I can eat the entire pan myself!
Hope you make this and as always would love to hear how it turned out. Enjoy! And if you will check out @beyond.curry