Summer is almost here and a warm day calls for a refreshing summer cocktail. I present to you the Green Tea Arnold Palmer 2.O made with some locally sourced green tea from Trishnna Tea based in Houston Texas.
This is a very easy make ahead summer cocktail as long as you have some of these spirits at hand.
You can always substitute the agave for simple syrup as well and adjust the sweetness based on your taste. I cannot stress enough how important it is to use really good green tea and I am really enjoying the Trishnna tea green blend as it is not bitter at all and blends quite beautifully in this cocktail.
Crushed ice is really easy to make in the blender and this drink tastes much better with crushed ice than ice cubes.
Green Tea Arnold Palmer
- 2 tbsp Trishna Green Tea
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 tbsp agave
- 4 oz vodka
- 2 oz green chartreuse
- 1 oz absinthe
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup ice crushed
- Steep the green tea in 2 cups of hot water for 3 minutes. Strain and cool.
- Mix all the ingredients together except the ice in a jug. Pour in the cooled green tea and stir well
- To serve put half cup of finely crushed ice in tall glasses and top up with the liquid blend.
- Garnis with a slice of lemon and sip away!
This will be a great addition to your summer entertaining and you can always leave out the alcohol to sip on it during the week. Hope you enjoy making this drink as much as I am enjoying sipping it right now.