New year, new resolutions, and clean eating for a week. Holidays, celebrations, eating indulgently, cooking treats are what the past few weeks have been about but now that we are all ready to hit the routine button, I wanted to quickly stop by and share an easy Curd Rice recipe.
- 1 cup pre cooked white rice
- 1 cup low fat greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper crushed
- 2 tsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 8-10 curry leaves preferably fresh
- 1/4 tsp asafetida
- 1 dry red chilly optional
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Mix all the ingredients with the rice excluding tempering and set aside
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat the oil and add the mustard seeds. Once the seeds pop add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 2 minutes on medium low flame.
- Mix in the tempering with the rice mix.
- Divide into bowls and top with pomegranate seeds.
Simple, healthy and easy. I usually top ours’ with some pomegranate seeds, a side of pickles and as per the child’s request potato chips for crunch. Let me know how you like this recipe and as always if you make it do tag @beyond.curry